Air Operated Series BSR_BSRM Compact, Globe Style Air Operated Shut-Off Valves
- • Geon® PVC or Natural Polypro body materials in 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2" and 2" pipe sizes.
- • Suitable for Vacuum through 150 PSI (max. inlet or outlet pressure). Vacuum service must be specified with order.
- • No pressure differential required.
- • Compact - requires minimum space.
- • Long dependable cycle life.
- • Low pressure drop with high flow rates.
- • Non-sticking design with bubble-tight sealing.
- • Isolated spring is not in the liquid.
- • Easy to install in any position with 1/4-20 mounting holes supplied.
Series BSR requires 25 PSI of air pressure to fully open; Series BSRM requires 50 PSI of air pressure to fully open. The valve closes automatically via spring – also known as fail-safe to closed position – when air is shut off. The spring (stainless steel) is not in the liquid. Double U-Cup seals are used on the internal shaft for safety, low friction and long cycle life. This reduced friction design, in conjunction with a poppet seat at the valve orifice, results in a non-sticking design. This design also allows high pressure and flow rates, with minimal pressure drop. Due to the “balanced” design, valve outlet pressure (backpressure) can be as high as inlet pressure without affecting performance.
For mounting the valve securely, 1/4-20 tapped holes are provided in the base of the body. There are no exposed metal screws or other hardware on the exterior of the 1/2" valve which allows for mounting in a sump. Optional coated springs and fasteners available; consult factory.
Standard valves are built for pressure service. If vacuum is desired it must be stated on order.
- 1/2" - 2"
- PVC or Natural polypropylene
- EPDM, Viton
- 4 Stroke
- Max Power
- 62kW/6000 (r/min)
- 2 Cylinder
- Max Torque
- 101N·m/5000 (r/min)
- Displacement (ml)